mobile automation testerBack
Leeds Dock - Yorkshire - England
Sky is Europe’s leading entertainment company and serves over 22 million customers across five countries. Our business in the UK and Ireland has come a long way since starting out as a satellite broadcaster in 1989 and we’re not stopping there. We’re home to award-winning teams for everything from Customer Service to Marketing, from Technology to Finance, meaning there’s plenty of opportunity for you, no matter what your career goals.
Without the skills of our brilliant in-house Technology team, these game-changing innovations wouldn’t be possible. They develop pioneering products and services to give every one of our customer’s experiences they’ll love – when and wherever they want.
Who you’ll be working with
Based at our world class Leeds Dock campus, which is one of the largest technical hubs in the UK, it’s a strategic location for our business and offers a vibrant place to work.
Our new teams have a real ‘start up’ feel and there’s loads of room for development. You’ll have the chance to use cutting edge tools and technologies to create rich user experiences; all whilst working in an Agile environment.
As a valued employee of Sky, you’ll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package (one off payment required for installation), an excellent pension scheme, private health care and a share save scheme. There’s a great range of other benefits to fit around your needs too.
Your key responsibilities
You’ll work to create and execute testing activities to ensure new or amended services meet requirements.
- Responsible for creating and executing testing activities to ensure services meet requirements.
- Perform a wide range of behavioural driven development (BDD) activities.
- Review and challenge developer unit tests and test coverage
- Responsible for rigorously planning, writing, executing and automating test scripts.
- Provide reports on testing results, coverage and make recommendations where necessary.
- Participate in the delivery of Web Applications, Mobile and Portals to support the business objectives
- Interpret and negotiate business requirements to deliver high quality, customer focused testing solutions.
- Mobile Automation using Calabash / Cucumber or equivalent
- CI (Hudson, Jenkins etc.)
- Scripting (Ruby, Swift etc.)
- Understanding of mobile technologies (Android Studio, Xcode etc)
- Knowledge of GIT VCS
- Strong communication skills
- Good team player
- Strong analytical skills
- Writing, executing and automating test scripts.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Experience of the full software development lifecycle.
- An understanding of NFT with good working knowledge of Load / Performance testing, ideally with penetration test experience.
Happy to talk flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check
If you’re interested in this job, please send your application to – Sophie.firstname.lastname@example.org.