digital product ownerBack
England - Yorkshire - Leeds
Sky is Europe’s leading entertainment company and serves over 22 million customers across five countries. Our business in the UK and Ireland has come a long way since starting out as a satellite broadcaster in 1989 and we’re not stopping there. We’re home to award-winning teams for everything from Customer Service to Marketing, from Technology to Finance, meaning there’s plenty of opportunity for you, no matter what your career goals.
Who you’ll be working with
Based at our world class Leeds Dock campus, which is one of the largest technical hubs in the UK, it’s a strategic location for our business and offers a vibrant place to work.
Our new teams have a real ‘start up’ feel and there’s loads of room for development. You’ll have the chance to use cutting edge tools and technologies to create rich user experiences; all whilst working in an Agile environment.
The Digital Product Manager is vital position in the digital transformation of the Sky Ireland business. This is a great opportunity to initiate and lead business cases and technology product strategies that will future proof our digital customer experience.
Working closely with the Head of Digital the Digital Product Manager will take end-to-end ownership of the delivery of innovation across our digital sell and service estates, helping us create a wide range of on-line and in-app self-service experiences. The role is located in our digital centre of excellence in Leeds and will be principle point of contact for Sky Ireland. Success in this team means balancing conflicting demands, prioritising work effectively, managing expectations and communicating brilliantly. You’ll also need to be ready to analyse and explain consumer issues and customer impact.
As a valued employee of Sky, you’ll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package (one off payment required for installation), an excellent pension scheme, private health care and a share save scheme. There’s a great range of other benefits to fit around your needs too.
Your key responsibilities:
- Work closely with the UK Technology teams, to ensure leading-edge technological thinking is present & economises of scale are realised
- Think data first, to build and shape clear and rational business cases to inform investment decisions
- Work with Marketing and Commercial teams to understand business drivers, help develop product strategy and business cases and contribute to the production of an overall product delivery roadmap that aims to excite and motivate our customers.
- Produce clear product plans and roadmaps in line with the product strategy and manage the day to day agile development of the road map
- Steer the course of a project from conception to delivery to review, ensuring the delivery meets time, cost and quality demands
- Stakeholder management with key representatives from around the business to ensure the success of the products managed
- Work with Agile scrum teams in the Centre of Excellence, participate in scrum stand-ups, show cases & retrospectives
We require someone who cares deeply about the customer experience, how Sky products can meet customer needs and how advances in technology can be harnesses to improve the customer experience across sales and service. You will demonstrate the following:
- Project Management skills and a strong high-level grasp of the end to end software development process
- Well-developed skills in business analysis
- Manage and Interpret Digital Data and Business KPI’s, and mix them with Product Manager instinct, to own & drive projects
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Know how to deliver with a large and varied work portfolio
- Technical and commercial aptitude and ability to translate business needs into clearly defined functional specifications
- Effective communication with a strong presence, good presentation skills and rapport with stakeholders across all levels of seniority
- Independent and resourceful, but totally committed to being a team player, accustomed to sharing roadmaps and information with colleagues
- That you are well organised and efficient at managing time to meet your commitments and deadlines with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of techniques for requirements capture and specification, the ability to balance tactical and strategic needs and always focus on the customer
- Adaptability and be able to react to change with minimal fuss
- “Roll-up-your-sleeves” entrepreneurial
Happy to talk flexible working
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in Better.
Please send applications for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org