event and meetings coordinator (full time)Back
Hours: 10-6 Mon-Fri – with weekend and evening work on a time in lieu basis.
The Event and Meeting Coordinator will ensure the smooth running of all meetings and events at Duke Studios to provide the best possible experience for our clients and visitors.
They will Illustrate Duke Studios core values and strive to achieve our mission. Reporting to the Directors, they will work in close collaboration with meeting and event clients to create and facilitate a whole range of fantastic events including but not limited to Business Meetings, Conferences, Networking Events, Exhibitions, Talks, Screenings, Private Parties, Supper Clubs, Wedding Receptions, Live music events and Club nights.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing all client relationships and their needs and requests.
- Take responsibility for sales and event/meeting success.
- Fielding incoming event and meeting inquiries and requests via email and phone and passing on inquiries to other departments.
- Giving tours of the event and meeting facilities, and following up to gauge interest to maintain a busy events calendar.
- Outline pricing and prepare quotes and invoices for bookings.
- Creating info packs, updating and modifying contracts.
- Greeting and checking in and out meeting room bookings and informing visitors on house rules.
- Being the primary on-site customer service contact for all events and meeting room bookings including load in, load out, and duration of events.
- Responsible for maintaining the events and meeting spaces and our quality standards, and stocking office supplies and event consumables.
- Discuss and order catering with in-house suppliers.
- Assisting in the smooth delivery and clean-up of internal catering.
- Maintaining a clean and tidy event space store.
- Pre-event physical setup including lifting and working at height.
- Briefing Security and Bar staff pre-event.
- Assisting Bar team when required.
- Event listing and promotion on social media and listing sites. Including Facebook advertising.
- Documenting key events, updating the Duke Studios website events section and Blog.
- Sending event posters to print and distributing internally.
- Basic lighting and visuals control using the Duke in-house system.
- Basic technical setups, Projectors, PA systems, DJ equipment.
- Liaising with our in-house café and bar managers for refreshment provision.
- Working alongside the Directors to curate exciting new events.
- Report on upcoming and past events.
- Deal with event suppliers and contractors including licensing extensions.
- Advancing event tech requirements.
- Event planning with clients.
- Booking temporary staff for larger events.
- Manage on-going in-house and external relationships.
- Know and be able to implement safety plans, i.e. fire and emergency plans.
- Events management/coordination, sales, and hospitality experience is a plus.
- Knowledge/Interest in Leeds events from the music and creative/tech scene.
- Energetic, outgoing and positive confident attitude.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Great attention to detail, top organisational and excellent record-keeping capabilities.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Calm under pressure, quick decision-making and problem-solving skills confident when required.
- Excellent customer service skills, polite and personable.
- Flexibility on time with a willingness to work late nights/early mornings.
- Willingness to pitch in, roll sleeves up and get dirty!
- A drive to initiate interesting/different new events and marketing ideas.
- Prior Audio and Visual Technical knowledge a plus.
- Willingness to learn and to follow process and instructions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, including Word and Excel.
- Proficiency in shared web-based applications, such as Google Apps, DropBox, CRM, etc.
- Strong social media skills with an eye for quality output.
- Passion and understanding for Duke Studio’s Ethos and Values.
To apply, please email James@duke-studios.com with covering email and your CV. Application Deadline for all roles: Midnight on Sunday 12th February 2017 Interviews conducted week commencing the 13th February 2017Selected candidates to start ASAP