ios developer (sky app)Back
England - Yorkshire - Leeds
Sky is Europe’s leading entertainment company and serves 21 million customers across five countries. Together our people deliver the best and broadest range of content, market-leading customer service and innovative technology. We work hard to give our customers a better experience and we’re not stopping there.
Without the skills of our brilliant in-house Technology team, these game-changing innovations wouldn’t be possible. They develop pioneering products and services to give every one of our customer’s experiences they’ll love – when and wherever they want. As Sky grows, we’re seeking a talentediOS Developerto enable the rapid delivery of high quality, customer focused services to meet and exceed customer experience and usability requirements.
Who you’ll be working with
Based at our world class Leeds Dock campus, which is one of the largest technical hubs in the UK, it’s a strategic location for our business and offers a vibrant place to work.
Our new teams have a real ‘start up’ feel and there’s loads of room for development. You’ll have the chance to use cutting edge tools and technologies to create rich user experiences; all whilst working in an Agile environment.
At Sky, we’re committed to providing great rewards to the people who drive our success, and that’s not just with a competitive salary and generous annual leave. You’ll also benefit from a free Sky+HD premium package, an excellent pension scheme, private health care and a share save scheme. There’s a vast range other benefits too that you can tailor around your personal needs.
Your key responsibilities
- You fell in love with iOS a few years ago and now live, eat and breathe the platform, whether that’s with a focus on Swift or Objective-C.
- You are competent with native Cocoa Touch frameworks such as UIKit, CoreGraphics, CoreAnimation and CoreData.
- You are comfortable building universal user-interfaces using code, auto-layout and size-classes.
- You are a team player and recognise the benefits of TDD, BDD and Agile principles.
- You love getting involved in all parts of the development process, collaborating closely in a cross-functional team.
- You are creative and keen to push forward internal development through participating in guilds, sharing knowledge and keeping on top of the latest technologies.
- You want to be part of the next stage in Sky’s mobile roadmap. From existing apps with millions of users to groundbreaking new projects implementing the latest features.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
If you are interested in this job, please send your application to: Sophie.email@example.com