java developer (sky)Back
England - Yorkshire - Leeds
Sky is Europe’s leading entertainment company and serves 21 million customers across five countries. Together our people deliver the best and broadest range of content, market-leading customer service and innovative technology. We work hard to give our customers a better experience and we’re not stopping there.
Without the skills of our brilliant in-house Technology team, these game-changing innovations wouldn’t be possible. They develop pioneering products and services to give every one of our customer’s experiences they’ll love – when and wherever they want. As Sky grows, we’re seeking a talented software engineer with a strong Java development background to enable the rapid delivery of high quality, customer focused services to meet and exceed customer experience and usability requirements.
Who you’ll be working with
Based at our world class Leeds Dock campus, which is one of the largest technical hubs in the UK, it’s a strategic location for our business and offers a vibrant place to work.
Our new teams have a real ‘start up’ feel and there’s loads of room for development. You’ll have the chance to use cutting edge tools and technologies to create rich user experiences; all whilst working in an Agile environment.
At Sky, we’re committed to providing great rewards to the people who drive our success, and that’s not just with a competitive salary and generous annual leave. You’ll also benefit from a free Sky+HD premium package, an excellent pension scheme, private health care and a share save scheme. There’s a vast range other benefits too that you can tailor around your personal needs.
- You will interpret business requirements and deliver high quality, customer focused technical solutions and implementations meeting and exceeding customer experience and usability requirements.
- You will deliver rich internet applications (RIA), in an agile environment primarily using open source technologies and the best deployment techniques.
- Drive best technology and software development practices into the team with passion and enthusiasm.
- Working in an agile and team driven approach, strive for continuous improvement within the team
- Experience and strong ability in Java Development
- Advocate of TDD and BDD practices
- Experience of OO development and design patterns
- Experience of software development for high capacity, high traffic, high availability websites
- A passion for Agile methodologies and concepts such as XP, Lean, and Kanban
- Exemplary communication and people skills, in a technical or non-technical context
- Proven mentoring capabilities
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
If you are interested in this job, please send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org