sql server database engineer (sky)Back
England - Yorkshire - Leeds
Sky is Europe’s leading entertainment company and serves 21 million customers across five countries. Our business in the UK and Ireland has come a long way since starting out as a satellite broadcaster in 1989 and we’re not stopping there. We’re home to award-winning teams for everything from Customer Service to Marketing, from Technology to Finance, meaning there’s plenty of opportunity for you, no matter what your career goals.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Microsoft SQL Database Administrator (DBA) to join our team. As Database Administrator your role will be assist in the support of Sky’s Database Platform, you will also help develop our database roadmap and lead the delivery and implementation of the platform.
As a valued employee of Sky, you’ll benefit from a free Sky+HD premium package, an excellent pension scheme, private health care and a share save scheme. There’s a range of other benefits to help you make valuable tax and national insurance savings too.
Your key responsibilities:
• Provide internal customers with expertise for technically complex issues
• Build effective working relationships with a variety of infrastructure and application teams to ensure that technology and process improvements deliver overall service improvements to our end customers.
• Implementation and upgrades of database changes to agreed timescales.
• Performing database backups and recoveries.
• Monitor performance, performing maintenance and tuning of the database platform based on your and others recommendations.
• Communicate regularly with technical, development and operational staff to ensure database integrity, capacity and security.
• Producing documentation for use in configuration, repair and troubleshooting of managed database systems
• Experience of working as a SQL Server Database Administrator
• Knowledge of all of the following for SQL Server: Deploy and Configuration, Monitoring and Scripting
• Experience of deploying and supporting High availability and/or Disaster recovery solutions
• Good communication and relationship management skills in order to communicate in a clear and structured manner at all levels within Sky.
• Willingness to thrive and succeed in a fast-paced, dynamic 24X7 environment
If you’re ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today
Happy to talk flexible working
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
If you are interested in this job, please send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org